Creamy Lemon Garlic Seafood Pasta has the most delicious taste and texture all in one dish! So good, you can bet your guests won’t be able to resist coming back for a few seconds!
If you like a combination of seafood and pasta, you MUST try these other seafood recipes! Start with Shrimp Alfredo, Mac, and Cheese, or these delicious Scallops!
Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta With Seafood
Okay, before cooking this recipe, you probably want to know exactly what seafood it contains! This seafood pasta has some of my all-time favorite seafood. Mussels, scallops, and prawns. Not only are they delicious in taste and texture, but they are also some of the easiest seafood to prepare. We talk for 30 minutes and they are ready to eat! Add the creamy lemon garlic paste and you’ll want to finish this dish!
This seafood pasta is so rich and satisfying that you don’t need anything else to prepare your meal! I would add some garlic and asparagus bread or maybe a salad and say it’s good. This way you will have something for everyone! Not only is this dish incredibly delicious, but it also looks so beautiful! Make it for a dinner with family and friends, and everyone will be asking for the recipe at the end of the night! Enjoy!
Ingredients To Make Seafood Pasta
This seafood pasta will be one of the easiest pasta recipes you can make. This is a great option if you’ve never cooked with clams before! See the Recipe Card below for a list of exact ingredient sizes.
- Linguine noodles – I like to use linguine noodles because they are wider. But you could use whatever noodle you have on hand!
- Butter – Try using unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Scallops: They must be fresh, rinsed, and dry.
- Large Shrimp – You‘ll want to make sure your shrimp are peeled and deveined before starting this recipe.
- Mussels: I like to cut the mussels immediately before cooking so that they stay as fresh and alive as possible.
- Salt and pepper – I used them to taste!
Creamy Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Butter: Unsalted butter is best so you don’t have to worry about any salty taste.
- Garlic: The garlic fresh shredded or chopped add more flavor to the seafood pasta.
- Cream: Heavy whipping cream works well for this!
- Chicken Broth: Using chicken broth instead of water will add more flavor to this dish!
- Cream Cheese – This is what gives the sauce that delicious, creamy texture.
- Parmesan – This cheese adds the perfect extra flavor to this recipe.
- Lemon – You can use fresh lemon juice or bottled lemon juice. What you have will work!
Let’s Cook Some Delicious Pasta With Seafood!
Once you’ve cleaned and prepared your seafood, you should be excited because it’s time to cook! And after cooking, it’s time to eat … which is the best of all!
- Boil and cook pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water.
- Add the scallops and then the shrimp: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat add the butter. Add the scallops and cook for 2-3 minutes and add the shrimp for the last 1-2 minutes and cook until no longer pink. Remove and reserve on a plate.
- Steam the mussels in pasta water: Add the reserved water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and reduce to a simmer and cover. Let the mussels steam for 5 minutes. Discard the ones that did not open. Reserve with the shrimp and scallops.
To Make The Creamy Lemon Sauce
- Heat and stir: Add ¼ cup of butter to the saucepan and melt. Add garlic, heavy cream, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and smooth and creamy. Add the Parmesan cheese and the juice of one lemon and simmer until thickened.
- Add pasta and shellfish – Add pasta and shellfish and stir until heated through. Serve with chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese if desired.
How to choose seafood
To make this amazing seafood pasta turn out then, you have to choose the best seafood! It will make or break this dish! Here are some tips on how to choose the best shrimp, scallops, and mussels.
- How to Collect Shrimp: For this recipe, you will want to get large shrimp that are already peeled and deveined. This will save you a lot of time in your prep work. Also, it’s no fun doing it, just make it easy for yourself! When you buy shrimp, it smells! Make sure it doesn’t smell like ammonia. You’ll also want to avoid shrimp that are mushy, slimy, or falling apart. That means they are old! If you don’t have access to fresh shrimp, frozen ones will work just fine. Just be sure to thaw them in your fridge before cooking.
- Choosing Scallops: When choosing scallops, you’ll be looking for a couple of things. They must be firm and dry. They should have a touch and texture similar to a pork chop! Also, don’t buy any that are wet, shiny, or smooth. They won’t taste good!
- How to choose mussels: Mussels are more difficult to buy since they are in their shell. Always buy more because some will crack or rot and you won’t know until you start cooking! Good mussels will look wet and smell like seawater. They will not be suspicious at all. Make sure they are all tightly closed. You don’t want any that are open!
How to Clean and Prepare Seafood
The key to a good seafood pasta dish is preparation! Don’t let this part scare you off. It’s super easy and it will be worth it when you go to eat this dish!
- How to Prepare Shrimp: To make sure your shrimp are ready to cook for this recipe, you need to make sure they are peeled, deveined, and the tails have been removed. If you didn’t buy them like that, that’s fine! You can do it by yourself! Start by pulling on the head and legs. Then remove the peel and the glue. To devein the shrimp (this means removing the big black vein at the back… this is the shrimp’s intestinal tract), you will then cut along the outer edge of the shrimp back. Cut it about ¼ inch deep. grasp the vein with your fingers or a knife and pull it out. Now your shrimp are ready to cook!
- How to clean and prepare the mussels: Once you have your mussels, be sure to RINSE them (don’t soak them in water… they need to breathe!) In cold water. Using a scrub brush or your fingernail, remove any dirt on them. Next, you will see a stringy black tag on the outside of the shell. This is called a beard. You want to remove this just before cooking. To remove it, pull it towards the hinge of the mussel and it should pop off! So, you are ready to cook some mussels!
- How to Prepare Scallops: They are so easy to prepare! Just rinse them well with a little cold water and pat them dry. Then you are done!
This is a great dish for lunch or dinner the next day if you are lucky enough to have some leftovers! Here’s how you can safely store it.
- Refrigerator: Once the seafood paste has cooled, place it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It will last around 3-5 days.
- Reheat: To reheat this seafood pasta, you’ll want to do it on the stovetop. Place leftovers in a skillet. Add some water and your seafood paste and cover with a lid. Simmer and steam everything until hot.
Make It A Party!
If you love this seafood pasta dish and want to add a ton of sides to make it a feast, I have some ideas for you! Here are some delicious sides, and even a dessert to go with this insanely delicious dish! Your guests are going to want ALL the recipes! Plus, they’ll be so impressed with all the delicious food you made! Hmm!
Creamy Lemon Garlic Sauce:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat add the butter. Add the scallops and cook for 2-3 minutes and add the shrimp for the last 1-2 minutes and cook until no longer pink. Remove and reserve on a plate.
- Add the remaining water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the mussels, bring to a boil, and cover. Let the mussels steam for 5 minutes. Discard the ones that were not opened. Reserve with shrimp and scallops.
To Make The Creamy Lemon Sauce:
- Add ¼ cup of butter to a saucepan and melt. Add garlic, heavy cream, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and smooth and creamy. Add the Parmesan cheese and the juice of one lemon and simmer until thickened.
- Add pasta and seafood and stir until hot. Serve with chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan if desired.